Sunday, 13 September 2009

PEPPER ADAMS QUINTET Mode LP-112


Personnel:
Pepper Adams: Baritone Sax
Stu Williamson: Trumpet
Carl Perkins: Piano
Leroy Vinnegar: Bass
Mel Lewis: Drums


Tracks:
Unforgettable
Baubles, Bangles And Beads
Freddie Froo
My One And Only Love
Muezzin'

Recorded: July 10, 1957, Radio Recorders, Hollywood, Calif.

Cover Portrait: Eva Diana

Engineer: Bones Howe.

Pepper Adams first album as leader, features pianist Carl Perkins and Stu Williamson on trumpet. Great stereo recording by Bones Howe

4 comments:

  1. Thanks for sharing another Mode record. It was a great label and had a lot of good music in a short period of time. I hope you share them all!

    Morris

    ReplyDelete
  2. Another wish fulfilled.
    Thank you very much!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looking forward to hearing the Pepper Adams on Mode. Many thanks.
    I saw Peppr play just once many years ago - he had the dirtiest horn I've ever seen. But what a sound he got from it. Nice guy too.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Again: http://www.multiupload.com/MX9EE87U0K

    ReplyDelete